Trade

Arab companies buy Indonesian fruits and vegetables worth USD5.35 million

Saudi Arabian company Maula Al Dawilah Trading & Co purchases Indonesian horticulture products, in the form of fruits and vegetables valued at USD5.35 million or Rp.77 billion for one year.

The head of the Indonesian Trade Promotion Center (ITPC) Jeddah Gunawan said that the import of Indonesian fruits and vegetables carried out by Saudi Arabian importers was aimed at facilitating the Indonesian people who lived there to obtain these products.

The imported products include dragon fruit, durian, banana, mango, papaya, jackfruit, soursop, rambutan, salak, mangosteen, star fruit, petai, jengkol, and vegetable ingredients.

Various traditional herbs are also imported such as galangal, chili, candlenut, onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, live pharmacy plants, coconut leaves, and coconuts.

In addition, Maula Al Dawilah Trading & Co also imports various processed foods such as crackers, nuts and processed products of nuts, biscuits, various coffees, cereal drinks, brown sugar, coffee, noodles and vermicelli products, rice flour, corn flour, delicious soy sauce, liquid coconut milk, canned fruits, tuna and soybeans.

Maula Al Dawilah Trading & Co routinely brings 3-5 tons of fruits from Indonesia every week or 130-170 tons every year through air cargo with a two-day delivery process.

As for processed food and beverage products and long-lasting fruit and vegetables, shipments are carried out by ship for 15-20 days.

Gunawan said that of the total imports, 70 percent are Indonesian products. While the remaining 30 percent are additional products from Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines.

Maula Al Dawilah Trading & Co. has two large warehouses located in Jeddah and Dammam to meet the needs of Indonesian products in Saudi Arabia. The distribution process can be carried out quickly to the western and eastern regions.

The Consul General of the Republic of Indonesia, M. Hery Saripudin, added that the impetus was being made to increase trade in agricultural, plantation and processed food products from Indonesia.

Saudi Arabian importers have also attended Hajj and Umrah at the Nusantara Hall of the Indonesian Consulate in Jeddah on January 24-26 2019.

“Through the Hajj and Umrah exhibition, Saudi Arabian importers will be met with Indonesian catering entrepreneurs who supply food and beverages during the Hajj,” Hery said through an official statement on Monday, January 28, 2019.

“By entering the hajj market, importers not only supply regular markets such as shops, restaurants, and the modern retail market, but also supply hajj caterers who have very large consumers,” he said.

In addition to importing Indonesian fruits and vegetables, currently Maula Al Dawilah Trading & Co is registering imports on one of Indonesia’s coffee brands in the Ministry of Trade and Investment (MCI) of Saudi Arabia.

The Indonesian Consulate General in Jeddah will facilitate and oversee the company’s plan to register its products in MCI Saudi Arabia. “This is done to avoid the possibility of product counterfeiting or registration of similar products carried out by other companies,” he said.

Hery also hopes that Maula Al Dawilah Trading & Co can develop the Indonesian product market not only in Saudi Arabia, but also in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and eastern African regions such as Djibouti, Somalia and Sudan.

He added, countries in eastern Africa have a very open market for products that have received standard recognition from the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) and the Saudi Accreditation and Standardization Organization (SASO).

“In addition, by expanding the market, it will further increase exports of Indonesian products, especially fruits and vegetables,” said Hery. (rls/met/bas)

Kabare.id

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Close
Close